Thursday 15 December 2011

Keeping Abreast of the Industry

Rik's Coffee Thoughts

Random thoughts, mostly about writing, publishing, sailing, God, cats, my life, my loves and whatever happens to run across my mind between the first espresso and the last cup of, before my shower.

Now - if I could only get Captain Hook to bring me my espresso without spilling it, we'd have a good thing going.




Keeping Abreast: You may want to at least look at these sources once a week, possibly subscribe to a blog and try to sort out what is happening.

A Newbie's Guide to Publishing - Joe Konrath's excellent blog


Publishers Lunch - The Publishing Industries' Daily Essential Read - from their blurb: "now shared with more than 40,000 publishing people every day. Each report gathers together stories from all over the web and print of interest to the professional trade book community, along with original reporting, plus a little perspective and the occasional wisecrack added in." This is an excellent resource for information about the publishing industry. Publishers Marketplace costs money but publishers Lunch is free. Linda has gotten it for years. Her agent, Danielle recommended it to her. 

Let's Get Digital - David Gaughran's Website - another super resource.

Smashwords Blog - the blog of


Just Rik's morning coffee thoughts ...




No comments:

Post a Comment